Submit your resume
The Quality Control Technician manages the Optical Emission Spectroscopy (OES) Lab and is responsible for the facility gage calibration system and ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the product quality measurement data. The Quality Control Technician provides support for the Quality Management System (QMS) through auditing and documentation development and supports process improvements through a cross-functional team based approach.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2 years manufacturing experience
- Absolute commitment to an incident-free, safe working environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional improvement team environment.
- Drive to learn and apply continuous improvement techniques such as Lean and Six Sigma.
- Strong ability to drive positive change and continuous improvement.
- Excellent verbal/written communication, coaching, and mentoring skills
- Perform both routine and non-routine OES Lab analysis through sample preparation and testing to provide regular material analysis to the production team.
- Provide technical training to coach, mentor, and support the development of Crew Managers, Crew Leaders, and operators in the use of best practices throughout the process.
- Monitor and trend data using statistical tools to evaluate system performance and proactively identify and address potential failure modes. (rejected logs, UT results, chemical composition, etc)
- Maintain required documentation (e.g. laboratory records, test results) in hard copy and/or electronic format according to laboratory work instructions and customer requirements
- Coach and train operators to provide consistent and reliable test results (e.g. OES spectrometer, facility gaging system, water analysis, etc.)
- Perform routine spectrometer inspection, calibration, and maintenance.
- Troubleshoot and repair instrumentation, leveraging equipment vendors as needed.
- Develop and maintain OES testing work instructions and one-point lessons as needed.
- Maintain retained samples in accordance with work instructions and customer requirements.
- Perform other analytical duties and process improvements as assigned.
- Lead initiatives and efforts focused on EH&S, quality, and process improvement.
- Leads in the development and management of system documentation including but not limited to: work instructions, one point lessons, preventative maintenance, safety procedures, and others as directed.
- Participation in the implementation and improvement of a quality management system “QMS”
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Normal office environment up to 50% of time. Could be exposed to outside conditions year round; Low frequent exposure to molten metal at temperatures reaching 1300 degrees F. Low frequent exposure to extreme ambient temperatures depending on the season. Low frequent exposure to overhead loads, loud noise and possible pinch points.